The student news site of Kentridge High School

Fleet Street News

Chargers Race to State

Owen Paznokas, First Year Reporter

The Kentridge charger basketball team is currently ranked #3 in the NPSL for division 4 basketball and since there is a large amount of 4A schools in the conference that is something quite noteworthy to say. Currently the Chargers have played 17 games and have won 12. For the NPSL (North Puget Sound League) They have won all but 4 game out of the 13 in league games so far. (stats to change.
The team has a strong lineup that has been competitive in every single game, even in the lost games. If they continue playing the way they have been then there is a very good chance the chargers will make it. In the past three years the Chargers have qualified for state regionals but this year they might go further. into the state tournament this year. The team still has to work very hard in games and in practice to keep up with hard competition both in the regular season and in the post season if they want to be successful. Improvement has been shown for the chargers in the fall season beat the previous state champions federal way.
Captain of the Chargers AJ Chapel has words to say about the team. He says that the team has good moral and believes the chargers will make it to the state tournament. They pushed the #3 team in the state and beat the #1 team in the state so we have a lot of confidence. He tells me that to secure their position in the playoffs “They need to play every game as if no one can beat them.” And to play with emotion for the entire 32 minutes on the floor.
The team can definitely make it to the playoffs and have a successful rest of the season.